Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Try Using Your "Sexy" Voice....

The other day, my fiance, Chris, and I were talking and found ourselves in a rather animated discussion. As we were talking, expressing our thoughts and opinions, her voice became louder and more excited. She was not angry or upset with me, but she was just rather passionate about the subjet matter. So I asked her to repeat what she had just said, but only this time, to use her “sexy” voice. (She has a really nice one!)
We soon discovered that it is nearly impossible to maintain a certain level of intensity in an argument when you are trying to sound sexy.

Being the social creatures that we are, communication is important. A healthy relationship requires an open exchange of ideas and thoughts. However, how the other person perceives what we are trying to say is most often based on how we say it, rather than what words we use.

So, the next time you find your voice rising and your temperature increasing while conversing with your spouse, try using your “sexy” voice. You’ll be amazed at how quickly the conversation cools down and takes a positive turn.


If nothing else, you’ll both enjoy a good laugh from the experience.

2 comments:

Real Life in South Carolina said...

What an interesting approach! It's funny and clever at the same time. I can't wait to try this one on my hubby. He's going to think I'm crazy. heh heh

Hemingway said...

Pretend you're a dog. Pretend all you can say are "bark", "woof", and "bow-wow". Now voice your complaint, using only those words. I find my complaints are not so worthy of words or, more importantly, someone's feelings when I'm laughing myself silly.