Here’s how it works…
In Google, type your name and "likes to" in quotation marks (ex: "Alpha Dude likes to"). Then make a list of the first ten results to share.
I didn’t have much luck with “Alpha Dude likes to”, so I had to use my given name.
(I tried to give it back once, but they wouldn’t take it, so I had to keep it.)
Okay, I know I posted more than 10, but I got carried away and found a bunch more. I even tried jumping ahead by 10 and 20 pages, but it was just more stuff about fishing and golfing.
So, for those of you who really want to know,
Scott Likes to…
1. Scott likes to watch movies.
2. Scott likes to listen to music.
3. Scott likes to read books.
4. Scott likes to keep his expectations modest.
5. Scott likes to workout, play golf and go boating.
6. Scott likes to play.
7. Scott likes to go fishing and play golf in his spare time.
8. Scott likes to think of Aperture, iPhoto, Photoshop, LightRoom, and all the others as competitors that force each other to make better products.
9. Scott likes to tell a story……
10. Scott likes to travel.
11. Scott likes to pick above-average looking athletes, ahem.
12. Scott likes to display Random Acts of Kindness.
13. Scott likes to believe his work history demonstrates versatility and a broad skill set rather than an inability to focus.
14. Scott likes to meditate, watch movies, and indulge his passion for golf.
15. Scott likes to "ride" the line or swing the line from side to side.
16. Scott likes to experience the beauty of the North woods through canoeing, fly fishing and most of all surfing the Great Lakes.
17. Scott likes to take many photos.
18. Scott likes to sleep and sometimes eat.
19. Scott likes to remain active, whether it be pretending he can dribble a basketball, countless hours spent looking for his golf ball, ...
20. Scott likes to hear from his readers.
That’s it. The stuff I found really did say those things. I did have to skip a few, but only because, apparently, “Scott likes to fish” and “Scott likes to golf” came up quite a lot.
I didn’t click on the links and read about the details of each one, but most of them describe me rather well. And I don’t even know what #15 is referring to and probably don’t want to know.
My wife, however, would say that #18 is the only one that actually applies to me.
So there you have it. My first thought when I saw Erin’s post was “Scott Likes to avoid meme’s like crazy”. Mostly because I am quite modest. But then, it really is all about me (sorry Mr. Warren).
So try it if you want to. No pressure.
I found it to be rather entertaining and time well wasted.
As a wise man once said,
“If you can’t laugh at other people, who can you laugh at?”