Thursday, July 12, 2007

Free Preview...

The play “Love Letters” opens tomorrow night. Tonight is a free preview. Everything tonight will be just like opening night, only with just a few people showing up to watch. This is our last chance to get everything right.

Tonight at 8PM, when the curtain goes up, I will become Senator Andrew Makepeace Ladd, III.

Sorry I haven’t written for a while, but……

“I know it seems jerky, but I like writing, actually. I like writing compositions in English, I like writing letters, I like writing you. I wanted to write that letter to your mother because I knew you'd see it, so it was like talking to you when you weren't here. And when you couldn't interrupt. (Hint, hint.) My father says everyone should write letters as much as they can. It's a dying art. He says letters are a way of presenting yourself in the best possible light to another person. I think that, too.”

There’s your freebie. That’s only one of my lines. There’s more. LOTS more !


Over 90 minutes worth.

The play was originally intended to be read by two people, with minimal preparation. That means no memorization of lines, and rehearsals are not necessary. Just walk in, sit down and read it. Which is a good thing since a lot of the letters are quite long. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance to go see it in your area.

We, however, are making it more conversational, so it flows more naturally. So, we’ve memorized the whole thing.


The. Whole. Thing.

We won’t be reading the play, we’ll be reciting the letters without looking at the book.

I’m a little nervous.

People keep telling me to “break a leg”. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or what, since it might make it a little hard for me to move around the stage.


Maybe I’ll just walk with a limp.



5 comments:

my4kids said...

Good luck Scott! I won't say break a leg, that always worries me since I'm such a clutz....
Let us know how it goes!

Dr.John said...

I could never memorize that much. Break a leg.

EE said...

Wish I could be there to see it!
Break a leg!!

The question is....Is there a stage kiss involved?;)

heiresschild said...

since i've been on crutches 3 times in the last few years, i would not want the words "break a leg" even uttered to me. *lol*

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Break a leg? I thought that meant break someone else's leg! hee hee