Monday, October 29, 2007

Encore, Encore

Hi. Sorry I haven’t been around for awhile. I’ve been away on business and I’ll write about that later.

Remember that play I was in a while back? It was called Love Letters and it was a total blast to be a part of. Well, the production company that produced the play (StageWorthy Productions) is a part of the

and every year they have a ceremony and give out what is called the “Encore Awards”. It’s the Indianapolis version of the Tony Awards. And tonight is the night.


The Encore Awards Ceremony
Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre
Monday, October 29, 2007 at 7pm.


Of course, the reason I am bothering to mention all that is because I have been nominated for “Best Actor in a Drama” for my role as Andrew Makepeace Ladd III, in “Love Letters”. My friend Janet Hodson is also nominated for Best Actress, and the amazingly talented, motivating (and sometimes intimidating) Diane Hayes is nominated for Best Director. Both of these ladies are awesome I am looking forward to watching them win.

Diane successfully pulled off what no director has ever before attempted and Janet made the production interesting and enjoyable. I could tell that the audience was completely captivated by her portrayal of Melissa. Diane also designed and constructed/painted the most amazing set I have ever seen. It is rather disappointing that the set didn’t get nominated for Best Set Design.

You know how a lot of actors try to be gracious and say that it is enough just to be nominated?
Well, although it is truly an honor to be nominated, to say that it is “enough” is a load of crap.

Just between you and me………I’d like to take home some hardware.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

EE said...

Congrats!!!!
Love the set design!
I just know you're going to take home the hardware!
Good luck!

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Good Luck! Oh, and I love your honesty! :)