Saturday, October 13, 2007

I was Just Being Me…..

We’ve been going to a marriage class over the past few weeks. It’s pretty good for learning how to better communicate with your spouse and other mushy marriage type stuff.

Well, this week’s class dealt with resolving conflict. So naturally, ‘cause you never know what may crop up, they had some counseling materials on the front table, just in case. One of the business cards had the person’s name on it in the center of the card, and the background of the card was a view of some really tall trees as if you were standing in a dense forest looking straight up. Hopefully you get the idea.

I happened to be standing next to the wife of the couple leading the course, and I mentioned that this may be what that little boy saw.

“What little boy?”

“You know, the one who got lost in the forest. He looked up and called out to God and said, ‘Dear God, I’m lost. Please help me find my way out of this dark forest’.”

“I’m afraid to ask, but what happened then?”

“As he was looking up, a little bird flew over and dropped a little doody right on the end of his nose.”

“And what did he do?”

"He looked upwards once again and said, ‘Aw c’mon God. Don’t hand me that! I really am lost!'”

(her laughing) “Only you would think of something like that. I should have known”

Yeah, she should have. But hey, I was just being me.

3 comments:

my4kids said...

I totally was expecting something profound or something not the doody on the nose thing.....lol.

EE said...

TeeHee!!!
You know how I love a good poop story...you didn't disappoint:)

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Well...she didn't HAVE to ask...but she did. I bet you were just dying for her to ask, weren't you?