Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Please Pray

“Woe to you Pharisees, because you love the most important seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces.” (Luke 11:43)


38As he taught, Jesus said, "Watch out for the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and be greeted in the marketplaces, 39and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. (Mark 12:38-39)


46"Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. (Luke 20:46)



Please pray for me.
I have a meeting tomorrow night with the Executive Pastor, a Pharisee, and one of the Elders.

We have a Pharisee in our church who likes to boss people around and have his way.
Apparently, I am the only one (that I am aware of) who has stood up to him and not "obeyed" him.

So now I am going to go head to head with a Pharisee.
He says I am a rebel.
(Well, so was Jesus, and look what they did to Him!)

Please pray.

Mostly for him.

My conscience is clear, my Spirit is right with God, and I live to serve only One Master.

Blessings,

Alpha Dude

P.S. It apparently revolves around the fact that he doesn't like my profile picture and thinks I should take it down.

2 comments:

EE said...

Puh-leez... P. needs to get a life. Your picture...really??? Prayin' 4 you!!!

Anonymous said...

I never got to comment on this one because I was holding the baby while reading, but I did pray that things would work out. I'm kind of curious about the whole deal with the picture. I thought the story behind it was very touching!